Values - Influencers
While traveling this week on a business trip, as is typical with me, I struck up a conversation with the passenger next to me on the plane. We had a healthy 2-hour conversation from common business interests to a religious discussion. As we were exiting the plane he prompted me with this question:
“At the end of your speech tomorrow, if an advisor comes up to you and asks you these two questions, how would you respond?" (1) What 3 values define how you live?
(2) What 3 influences have had the greatest impact on your life?
This was a simple response for me:
1. Quality of Life | 2. Relationships | 3. Stewardship
1. My Heavenly Father- my Savior & Lord
2. My Father - best friend growing up, hero & mentor
3. My wife Rachel of 41 1/2 years - the love of my life and helpmate.
He was surprised at my quick response and stated that most people would not know how to answer these questions. How would you respond? Meditate on it!
“I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.” 2 Timothy 4:1-2 NASB